The holidays are coming to an end! The presents are unwrapped, the treats have been eaten and the guests have all gone home. By now, you’re probably thinking about cleaning up all that holiday decor and storing it away until next year. Right?! But there is one important aspect to remember when it comes to packing up all those cherished items. Keeping them protected and well preserved so that you can continue using them for years to come!
What better way to start the new year, than implementing a great new way of organizing all your holiday decor? It may even start a chain reaction for the rest of your home organization needs!
So, how do we do that? Here are a few tips to help!
- The first step is packing everything up. Use clear bins and containers so that you can easily see everything inside. Next time you’re ready to pull out some decorations, one quick look is all it will take!
- Print out labels to tape on the top of each box. You can even take a picture of the inside of each box to remember how things are organized. This will make the clean up process easier and quicker the next time around.
- For items that are specifically fragile – use bubble wrap, packing paper/peanuts, or even old towels for extra cushioning and protection.
- Try using dividers to separate things like ornaments and other items within each bin. This prevents shuffling (and potentially breaking) of things as you move bins to their respective storage areas.
- Do you have lights or garlands that are difficult to untangle? Try using some kind of spool to wrap them around for easy untangling each year moving forward. Or, leave the lights wrapped around the tree to make for easier set up and take down each year!
- After all items are in their respective boxes, be intentional about where you store them. Store artificial trees and wreaths in an attic or garage.
- Do you have special homemade ornaments from years past? These are the ones we want to keep especially safe. When storing these, try putting them in airtight containers to preserve everything as nicely as possible.
- Store wrapping paper, gift bags, ribbons and bows in a closet, or even under a bed. Somewhere they won’t collect a lot of dust and grime throughout the year.
- And here’s one last pro tip! Keep a pair of scissors and a fresh roll of tape stored with your wrapping paper. This will ensure that you have everything you need when you’re ready to start wrapping next year!
For more helpful tips and tricks, follow along here in our blog, give us a call at 480-525-9825 or click here to get in touch with us!
Wishing you a Happy New Year from all of us here at Response Crew!